AmeriPath provides you a comprehensive women’s health diagnostics program focusing on gynecologic disease management and prevention.
You gain access to an array of testing and information services to assist you in the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other female reproductive tract diseases.
Our elite team of more than 350 highly trained, board-certified pathologists and over 70 board-certified cytopathologists provide you the industry’s highest level of medical expertise, timely and accurate diagnoses, and unmatched customer service.
This level of expertise, coupled with the comprehensive and integrated pathology, cytology, and molecular results, provides you all the information and tools you need to deliver optimal level of patient care.
Women’s Health Services
To help you with your unique needs and challenges as a women’s health physician, AmeriPath offers a combination of gynecologic pathology expertise and reliable pathology services delivered right in your community. It ensures you always receive accurate and decisive information in an expeditious and cost-effective manner.
Quality Women’s Health Services
- Board-certified pathologists with subspecialty expertise in women’s health
- PhD level scientists with extensive credentials and experience in their respective fields
- Extensive and specialized pathologist network
- State-of-the-art technologies for definitive diagnosis
Direct communication with the Pathologists
- Pathologist notification on clinically-unexpected or malignant diagnoses
- Easy access to pathologists to review patient results
- Proactive communication to discuss cases and/or to suggest the need for additional testing
- Reports formatted for clarity and ease of identifying critical information
Rapid Turnaround Time
- Turnaround time, from specimen receipt to reporting
- Courier pick-ups (most areas) elate the need for overnight shipping
- Centralized client services team with access to:
- Direct consultation with medical and scientific staff
- Test information and specimen requirements
- Courier pick-up
- Special requests
- Patient results and reporting
- Supply orders
- Billing questions
- Direct payor billing to ease your workload
- Complimentary specimen submission supplies
Women’s Health Test Menu
- Thin Prep® Pap Test
- Thin Prep® Pap Test plus Imager
- SurePath™ Pap Test
- SurePath™ Pap Test plus FocalPoint
- Conventional Pap Smears
- Gynecologic biopsies
- Breast biopsies
- Fine Needle Aspirations
- Herpes Simplex 1 & 2
- Vaginitis Panel:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Triple Screen
- Quad Screen
- Integrated Test
- Prenatal Cytogenetics
- Molecular Genetics
As part of our service, we provide patient education materials to our referring physicians and their patients. The following patient education brochures – addressing common questions concerning specific diseases and tests – are available for waiting areas and examination rooms.
Patient Education Information: